Friday, February 19, 2016

ad

With apologies, I am reading this, which I would describe as a calculus text, and am, in a kind of vain display, modeling my expository style at present on its expository style. I would not entirely say I am doing this deliberately. It seems to be a kind of automatic result, for me, of reading something of this sort. Of course I deliberately selected the text - although I acquired it by luck. Certainly I suppose I could do worse, but it's possible my habit is nothing but a charade. Still, the fact that this is a calculus suggests the exercise might possibly be of value.

I am introducing several functions of the geometry of information in this post. The first is advertising, or the advertisement, or ad, which may seem crass, but, thinking it over, I decided it was inevitable and should be introduced without delay, for a number of reasons. For one thing, the functions of the geometry of information emerge from life, of which commerce is demonstrably a part. It follows from that that advertising is indeed a function of that geometry. Secondly, it provides me with an image to discuss in surrounding text, which, as a construct, is a function of the geometry.

Thirdly I introduce here the instruction "click the back link." The instruction "click the forward link" is now offered a second time. For the purpose of this demonstration - and, again, as a part of the definition of these functions, one of these should be selected before clicking any other links on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment