Thursday, February 18, 2016

atoms

I believe the term "information" can be defined. This is not normal. The prevailing notion is that the word's meaning can only be illustrated. But I am reluctant to provide the definition, because it is so valuable. That's embarrassing, and it's probably nonsense, but I can't get past it. I am left to ask the reader to be satisfied with the example I have given of an atom of information: a blog post.

We are all familiar with the way these atoms of information can be arranged into lines, and the great usefulness of that. At the same time, if we think about these lines more, we find they are problematic. Take, for example, a very long line, even though it makes access to a very large number of posts automatic. I shall recount an experience.>

back

No comments:

Post a Comment