Thursday, February 18, 2016

exploration

I began by referencing a differentiating assumption about what people will post, which turns out in a way to be an assumption about how much they will post. Observe that there is no question they are posting. Posting is atomic.

My differentiating assumption is that my customers will want to post a great deal, even continually, in part as a way to store information, but also that they will want to share very extensively.

The last point is, obviously, especially important. Why are volumes of posts annoying? Their annoying quality is obvious, but its origin is misunderstood. The universal perception seems to be - I cannot conclude otherwise - that posts are annoying, in large numbers. The correct assumption is that the manner in which they are displayed is is annoying. The problem is simply this: posts are being pushed to us, or to our viewers. My design proposal purports to offer a solution to that problem.

back

No comments:

Post a Comment