Thursday, February 18, 2016

complications

I now keep my screenshots all in one folder. The file names are 1, 2, 3, etcetera, so they always appear for me in the order they were added. The next addition would be named "4".

Now, when I need something in there, I can find it. It might not be easy, but if I work at it, I can find whatever I'm looking for.

Certainly, this is problematic. It would be helpful if I didn't have to slog through the images quite so extensively to find something. It would be helpful if slogging through the images weren't so difficult.

I am going to discuss solutions to these problems in theoretical terms. Some will argue that I am unnecessarily complicating things. I will discuss that as well. I want to note, though, an imperative for us as system designers: our product must be able to reliably retain very large numbers, extremely large numbers, of images ... on behalf of every customer ... or, to use the more general term, posts. I will revisit that as well.

back

No comments:

Post a Comment